Adobe LiveCycle is an integrated Java based SOA and document management server framework. LiveCycle can be hosted on a JEE application server, including JBoss, WebSphere and WebLogic. LiveCycle requires a Database, mySql, Oracle and MS SQL are supported.
LiveCycle is offers best performance on Microsoft/MS SQLServer platforms - currently.
LiveCycle is compatible with Windows, Solaris, AIX and Linux
LiveCycle is designed to integrate with RIA technologies, such as Flash, Flex and Air.
Key LiveCycle features include:
- Forms builder - a PDF based form generation engine for PDF/HTML and Flash presentation
- Form Guides - based on PDF but with wizard style Flash presentation
- Reader/Reader extensions - Acrobat/Reader document management including digital signatures, revocation, permissions etc
- Process Management
- Data Services - Web Services, support for RESTful webservices in the next version
- Output - print/production services
- Flash is the original rich embedded content for multimedia, video, graphics and sound - flash runs as a plugin in the browser (although stand alone players are available too).
- Flex builds on Flash and adds a rich component model.
- Air is Flex technology that can be run in the browser or as desktop applications transparently.
- FlexBuilder - IDE for Flex/Air development
- LiveCycle Workbench - for LiveCycle development including forms and process management
Main Development WebSite: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/
Main Download home: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/
Flex Downloads: http://www.adobe.com/products/flex/flexdownloads/
Flex Development center: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/?view=home
LiveCycle Cafe: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/cafe/
LiveDocs (online documentation): http://livedocs.adobe.com/
ActionScript 3: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/
Flex 3 LiveDocs: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/
Adobe Partners: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/partnerportal/index.cfm
FlashDevelop: Getting started http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/1689/